How to use "defiant" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "defiant" in popular movie and book plots
- Trevor is defiant when questioned by the judge. - Made in Britain
- All of the Pokémon battle save a defiant Pikachu, and Meowth, who makes peace with his own clone. - Pokémon: The First Movie
- Romola becomes defiant of Tito, and the two manoeuvre to thwart each other's plans. - Romola
- Hepburn's performance as the defiant young woman is considered the epitome of her feminist characterizations of the 1930s. - A Woman Rebels
- The more defiant Alan gets, the more extreme the lessons come from Vic. - White Water Summer
- Later, Agent R Chase corners a defiant Slick Clyde. - Vigilante 8: 2nd Offense
- Snake plunges into the ocean with a defiant smile, still clinging to the bomb, which explodes safely in the water. - Big Trouble (2002 film)
- After a race riot at Tilted Acres results in Tracy's arrest, the Von Tussles grow more defiant in their opposition to racial integration. - Hairspray (1988 film)
- Though defiant at first, all the Simpson children are converted to Movementarianism. - The Joy of Sect
- Ecki is defiant and immediately sets out to form his own team and beat his ex-teammates at their game. - Guys and Balls
- Doberman questions the defiant Richie and Carl about the BB gun. - Over the Edge (film)
- Before he dies, Nada gives them "the finger" as his last defiant gesture now that he scored the final victory over the aliens. - They Live
- The following evening, despite the Phantom's warnings, a defiant Carlotta appears as Marguerite. - The Phantom of the Opera (1925 film)
- A sobering Georgia stares at her defiant friend and muses: "I never said it was a multiple-choice question". - Only When I Laugh (film)
- Celie is amazed by Sofia's defiant refusal to submit to Harpo's attempts to control her. - The Color Purple
- Billy's defiant spirit ("The Highest Judge of All") is taken Up There to see the Starkeeper, a heavenly official. - Carousel (musical)
Meaning of "defiant" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "defiant" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "defiant" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "defiant"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word defiant below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.