How to use "defraud" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "defraud" in popular movie and book plots
- When the Army Captain arrives, he arrests Ryder for rustling, believing that Ryder has stolen his own horses to defraud the Army. - Vigilantes of Dodge City
- A ring of phony fortune tellers, led by Marvin, "the sightless seer" is in league with racketeers to defraud wealthy clients. - Crime Ring (1938 film)
- The money was part of an engagement gift, and when he finds out, Emerson believes that Kay is in cahoots with Gallagher to defraud him. - Gigolette
- As described in a film publication, the story involves an underworld plot to defraud givers to a charity for French orphans. - Sheltered Daughters
- While going through the files, Plague realizes the garbage file being downloaded is a worm he inserted to defraud Ellingson. - Hackers (film)
- Tommy is restless and instead of following the call script, he often counsels people on how to defraud Lovell's company. - Rob the Mob
- Rick returns from the war a wealthy man and involves Magnus in a plan to defraud the bomb damage compensation fund. - A Perfect Spy (TV series)
- They believe that Mulder-as-Fletcher was trying to defraud the FBI, not help them. - Dreamland (The X-Files)
- Frosby threatens to expose Steve's prison record if the latter refuses to go along with a scheme to defraud his neighbors. - Up the River
- He has a package of baking soda brought in and claims that Savino had planned to defraud Orlando and is not connected to the shooting. - The Hunt (The Wire)
- When Abigail blames Elizabeth Proctor, the latter rejects John's pleas to defraud Abigail as an adulteress. - The Crucible (1957 film)
- A subplot deals with his boss' plan to defraud their Japanese clients, and how the couple thwart it. - Just like a Woman (1992 film)
- However, the insurance company has received a tip that the head was not on the ship when it sank and mr Zufar is trying to defraud them. - The Secret Warning
- The two form a partnership to defraud local villagers with staged dragonslayings. - Dragonheart
- At the end of the book, David meets him in a prison, for attempting to defraud the Bank of England. - David Copperfield
Meaning of "defraud" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "defraud" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "defraud" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "defraud"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word defraud below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.