How to use "delay" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "delay" in popular movie and book plots
- As she begins to understand more about humans, she opposes the activation of the clock and finds ways to delay its creation. - Thief of Time
- Medea pleads for one day’s delay and eventually Creon acquiesces. - Medea (play)
- Wiser heads on both sides however know that the treaty will merely delay the inevitable war between the two sides. - Centennial (miniseries)
- The Vulcans wish to delay the launch of Enterprise. - Broken Bow (Star Trek: Enterprise)
- The witch-queen decides to delay killing Yvaine until she has dealt with the two unwanted guests. - Stardust (novel)
- With the crowd gone, Porco and Curtis agree to delay the air force together. - Porco Rosso
- At the party, the gang repeatedly interrupts the mayor introducing the aviator to delay it. - Babes in Arms
- The editor of the Journal agrees to delay his story while his reporters examine Palladino's findings. - The Insider (film)
- To avoid being tailed, he has Sal Boca instead meet him in WashingtonC, where Boca asks for a delay to avoid the police. - The French Connection (film)
- He wants to delay their marriage and refuses to take up a job as a stockbroker offered to him by Henry Maturin, the father of his friend Gray. - The Razor's Edge
- They delay Benjamin's pursuit by having Garth's police officer friend perform a rectal search on him. - Wayne's World (film)
- Savage asks the Group Adjutant, Major Stovall, to delay processing their applications to buy him some time. - Twelve O'Clock High
- To delay Maggie's return to Boston with Sharon, the twins dress and talk alike so their parents are unable to tell them apart. - The Parent Trap (1961 film)
- Japan immediately sues for peace, offering international talks and seemingly free elections in the Marianas to delay aS. - Debt of Honor
- The contemporaneous account of the prosecution claimed that during this delay the conspirators were digging a tunnel beneath Parliament. - Gunpowder Plot
- After Lucy dies, Helsing places a golden crucifix over her mouth, ostensibly to delay or prevent Lucy's vampiric conversion. - Dracula
Meaning of "delay" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "delay" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "delay" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "delay"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word delay below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.