How to use "deserted" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "deserted" in popular movie and book plots
- Alec wakes on the shore of a deserted island and starts to explore. - The Black Stallion (film)
- Dropping to her knees on the now deserted road, she begs Jud to come back. - The Passersby
- A female soldier (Elizabeth Montgomery) wearing a tattered brown uniform stumbles into a deserted city. - Two (The Twilight Zone)
- He wakes to find the train stopped and his car now a 19th-century railway car, deserted except for himself. - A Stop at Willoughby
- He spends some time living in his deserted home, but after eating all the food he ventures out into the city. - Empire of the Sun (film)
- He wanders the streets of London, finding it deserted as well, with signs of catastrophe everywhere. - 28 Days Later
- Dunbar travels with Timmons, a mule wagon provisioner; they arrive to find the fort deserted and in poor condition. - Dances with Wolves
- The man is not alone in a deserted town, but is instead in an isolation booth being observed by a group of uniformed servicemen. - Where Is Everybody?
- Later, while fleeing from men trying to [[Repossession|repossess]] his car, Joe turns into the driveway of a seemingly deserted mansion. - Sunset Boulevard (film)
- Neff is hiding in the backseat and kills Dietrichson when Phyllis turns onto a deserted side street. - Double Indemnity (film)
- They escape together to the surface, board the helicopter, and fly to a deserted island with no dead people or zombies on it. - Day of the Dead (1985 film)
- That night, Ilsa confronts Rick in the deserted café. - Casablanca (film)
- Believing Peter has deserted her, Ellie telephones her father, who agrees to let her marry Westley. - It Happened One Night
- While being committed, Lucy confesses to Robert that she killed George by pushing him down a deserted well in the garden of Audley Court. - Lady Audley's Secret
- Maggio then walks in drunk, having deserted his post. - From Here to Eternity
- Ralph, now deserted by most of his supporters, journeys to Castle Rock to confront Jack and secure the glasses. - Lord of the Flies
Meaning of "deserted" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "deserted" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "deserted" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "deserted"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word deserted below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.