How to use "designate" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "designate" in popular movie and book plots
- Pooling their resources, New York City taxi drivers designate Ernie Ambrose to go to Kentucky and buy them a racehorse. - The Day the Bookies Wept
- There it is common, as in other Mexican cities, to designate the legal areas for prostitution as zonas de tolerancia (tolerance zones). - Whores' Glory
- An angry mob forces K'mith and the dome technicians to allow Don to designate the dome-control building as the dog-god's shrine. - Attack from Atlantis
- Foucault uses the term to designate spaces outside everyday fixed institutional and social spaces, for example trains, motels and cemeteries. - Triton (novel)
- They designate the chapel for defecation. - The 120 Days of Sodom
Meaning of "designate" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "designate" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "designate" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "designate"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word designate below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.