How to use "despair" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "despair" in popular movie and book plots
- Jackie then feigns despair as she calls Nicolette and Dargus out from hiding, claiming Melanie took all the money and ran. - Jackie Brown
- In despair Cho-Cho-San rushes home. - Madame Butterfly (short story)
- Afterwards, the King regretted what he had done and in despair jumped off a cliff into the sea and was drowned. - Ozma of Oz
- That night, Carol and Glenn argue over his continuing despair and pessimism. - The Amazing Colossal Man
- Afterwards, he starts to converse more openly with other dream characters, but he begins to despair about being trapped in a dream. - Waking Life
- In the next dramatic scene, French civilians watch in grim despair as a convoy of German troops marches into France and takes control. - Battle of Britain (film)
- In despair at losing all her money, Gwendolen pawns a necklace and debates gambling again to make her fortune. - Daniel Deronda
- With the loss of the rei puta, Koro in despair calls out the Ancient ones, the whales. - Whale Rider
- When Orlando learns the truth, he goes mad with despair and rampages through Europe and Africa destroying everything in his path. - Orlando Furioso
- Set a year later, it opens with the three protagonists struggling with their guilt and despair over their role in her death. - Magic Knight Rayearth
- Driven to suicide by intense despair and loneliness, he surrenders to a fighting machine but realises it is inert, the Martian inside dead. - Jeff Wayne's Musical Version of The War of the Worlds
- His despair gone, Bemis contentedly sorts the books he looks forward to reading for years to come. - Time Enough at Last
- He falls to the ground, starving, exhausted, and in a state of despair over his failures. - The Life and Death of 9413: a Hollywood Extra
- His despair turns to elation and he forgets about the flower. - City Lights
- As the remaining companions begin to despair Cadellin appears and slays Grimnir, whom he reveals to be his own brother. - The Weirdstone of Brisingamen
- Prissy, a young slave, cries out in despair and fear, "De Yankees is comin. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
Meaning of "despair" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "despair" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "despair" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "despair"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word despair below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.