How to use "despise" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "despise" in popular movie and book plots
- Meanwhile, Samantha continues to torment Heather, who comes to despise her and fights back. - The Woods (2006 film)
- Lily's priest father, Harold (Danny Trejo), and brother, local cop Tanner (Dave Ortiz), both despise Jimmy, however. - The Crow: Wicked Prayer
- On ancient Gallifrey, the Great Mother, Cassandra, Provost Tepesh and Lady Ouida discuss why their groups despise Rassilon. - Zagreus (audio drama)
- Annie (Jane Lowry), Catherine's sister, moves in to help Catherine through her grief, but it is clear that Alice and Annie despise each other. - Alice, Sweet Alice
- He finds that the mask has grown to despise Vezon, and would happily abandon the madman in favor of a new, nobler guardian - Matoro. - Bionicle Legends
- Locals shun him and his family, and animals fear and despise him due to his odor. - The Dunwich Horror
- During this time he has been unable to tell his family about his dual role, so they believe he is a Communist and despise him. - I Was a Communist for the FBI
- The remaining pilots at first doubt and then despise the outmoded tactics but Rex refuses to alter them. - Piece of Cake (novel)
- All day long, he sees patients who express grievances, particularly rebellious teenagers who despise their parents. - Neuf mois
- Cliff grows to despise him. - Crimes and Misdemeanors
- Jack comes to despise Lewis for his irresponsible drunken nature. - Armor (novel)
- When the Bolsheviks capture the train on which they are traveling, she pretends to despise him. - The Last Command (1928 film)
- The trappers despise the miners, "diggers" as they call them, yet seem to like Packer’s horse. - Cannibal! The Musical
- Thomas, coming to despise his brother, sends him away, to protect his own and his business's reputation. - Buddenbrooks
- Vivian says she did it to keep it all from her father so he wouldn't despise his own daughters, and promises to have Carmen institutionalized. - The Big Sleep
- The narrator reflects on the epidemic and reaches the conclusion that there is more to admire than to despise in humans. - The Plague
Meaning of "despise" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "despise" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "despise" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "despise"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word despise below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.