How to use "detachment" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "detachment" in popular movie and book plots
- Francis contacts Granville to send a detachment to guard the dig from potential robbers, despite Merrin's objections. - Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist
- They are later met by a detachment of the Khmer Rouge, who immediately arrest them. - The Killing Fields (film)
- They set up a base on Io, one of the moons of Jupiter, with a solid detachment of space marines for protection. - Final Doom
- The revolutionaries are chased into the hills by an army detachment led by Colonel Günther Reza. - Duck, You Sucker!
- Aware of the fuel shortages, Hessler leads a detachment toward the depot to capture its stocks. - Battle of the Bulge (film)
- Although Picard sends a security detachment to tail him, Lore disables lt Worf (Michael Dorn) and evades pursuit. - Datalore
- A British army detachment is ambushed and there is bloodshed. - Rob Roy (novel)
- The detachment of the Night's Watch under Lord Commander Jeor Mormont awaits word from Qhorin Halfhand and Jon Snow at their forward base. - A Storm of Swords
- As Viv finishes reading the note, a large police detachment arrives. - The Spy Who Loved Me (novel)
- The Stranger seizes his opportunity when he sees the Rojos massacre a detachment of Mexican soldiers who were escorting a shipment of gold. - A Fistful of Dollars
- A naval detachment challenges the Festival but is destroyed. - Singularity Sky
- A small detachment of men performs a reconnaissance mission on Tall's orders to determine the strength of the Japanese bunker. - The Thin Red Line (1998 film)
- Instead of a court martial, Tom is released from detention and ordered to leave for Amalfi Pass with a detachment commanded by Caesar. - Morocco (film)
- He alerts the army detachment there, which boards another train to give chase, with Johnnie manning the locomotive, the Texas. - The General (1926 film)
- The stage reaches Dry Fork, but the expected cavalry detachment has gone to Apache Wells. - Stagecoach (1939 film)
- The detachment stages events, often behind enemy lines, that provide alternative explanations for the Allied intelligence successes. - Cryptonomicon
Meaning of "detachment" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "detachment" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "detachment" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "detachment"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word detachment below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.