How to use "diffident" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "diffident" in popular movie and book plots
- Pete, newly joined to the group, is shown as an outside, the diffident George, the youngest of the group, contrasts to the domineering Paul. - Presence (play)
- Chittagong is the story of a diffident 14-year-old boy, Jhunku (Delzad Hiwale). - Chittagong (film)
- They soon discover that the real ruler of the area is the seemingly diffident Private Napoleon Alexander Trotsky Meek. - Too True to Be Good
- Although he falls in love with the girl, Tom is too diffident to express his feelings and propose marriage. - The Lucky Horseshoe
- Alison is a diffident young woman, easily intimidated by her domineering aunt. - Death of a Hussy
- The diffident Jonas replies, "Well, seems reasonable, but I must insist on protecting my client's best interests". - Do Not Fold, Spindle or Mutilate
- Oscar is devoted to his brother, who is as outgoing, confident and charming as Oscar is diffident and awkward. - Poor Miss Finch
- Her diffident politeness does not endear her to her hosts and makes it easy for them not to integrate her into the family. - We Murder Stella
- Initially reluctant to take the assignment the diffident Jasper is persuaded by his boss. - Love on a Branch Line (TV series)
- In retirement he teaches bullfighting, and among his students is Ángel, a diffident young man who suffers from vertigo. - Matador (film)
- A diffident fellow, he’s in love with Pat Wyvern, the daughter of the irascible Colonel Meredith Wyvern. - Money for Nothing (novel)
- Questions are answered in a diffident manner, and the answers reluctantly accepted. - The Story of an African Farm
- Alisdair proves to be a shy and diffident man, who is jokingly called "old dry balls" by his Māori neighbours. - The Piano
Meaning of "diffident" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "diffident" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "diffident" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "diffident"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word diffident below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.