How to use "dire" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dire" in popular movie and book plots
- Kennedy lobbies for command of a PT boat, and is assigned to the "109", a badly damaged boat that is in dire need of repair and overhaul. - PT 109 (film)
- Graham contacts their base and reports their dire status to dr Fleming (Morris Ankrum), who listens intently and wordlessly over headphones. - Rocketship X-M
- Jai gets the king's favor but is warned that there will be dire consequences if he defeats the king again. - Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love
- Witt becomes drunk and demoralises the men with his dire predictions; the soldiers of the Natal Native Contingent desert. - Zulu (1964 film)
- However, he makes it clear that secrecy is to be maintained, with dire consequences. - Men Behind the Sun
- To them, the rumor that their enemies the Vaygr are the Sajuuk-Khar- "The Chosen One"- is a dire omen and proof of Sajuuk's anger. - Homeworld 2
- Fearing for his health and in dire financial straits, he hires a private detective, Harlan, to retrieve the money from his wife. - The Last Seduction
- This goal is quickly placed in dire jeopardy: because of the bad grade, his video game privileges are revoked. - The Adventures of Willy Beamish
- The tabloid-worthy secrets in the lives of Powers' wife Ariel and right-hand man Alan Blanchard lead to dire consequences for all. - Weapons of Mass Distraction
- After launching a battery of dire threats, the youth finally begs his companions to release him in the name of Aslan. - The Silver Chair
- Later he convinced his childhood friend (known only as K), who was in dire straits, to move in with him. - Kokoro
- Even as a child, Katadreuffe finds that his path crosses with Dreverhaven, often with dire consequences. - Character (film)
- The Maitlands' own caseworker, Juno, informs them that they must remain in the house for 125 years, on pain of a dire fate. - Beetlejuice
- While the military maneuvers continue, Fulvius and Maciste have fallen into dire straits, exhausted and thirsty in the desert wilderness. - Cabiria
- Although his mother pleads with Nikolai to marry a wealthy heiress to rescue the family from its dire financial straits, Nikolai refuses. - War and Peace
- A man named Elijah prophesies a dire fate should Ishmael and Queequeg join Ahab. - Moby-Dick
Meaning of "dire" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dire" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dire" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dire"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dire below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.