How to use "dirge" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dirge" in popular movie and book plots
- Student Zheng begins working at a funeral parlor as a dirge singer and at one point is the winner of a singing competition. - The Tale of Li Wa
- The group from the previous novel, The Binding Stone, is joined by former Bonetree hunter Ashi and hobgoblin dirge singer Ekhaas. - The Grieving Tree
Example sentences for "dirge" in interesting articles
- It went like this: Have you tried Wheaties? They're whole wheat with all of the bran. Won't you try Wheaties? For wheat is the best food of man. They're crispy and crunchy The whole year through, The kiddies never tire of them and neither will you. So just try Wheaties, The best breakfast food in the land. It was straightforward, and sounded more like a dirge than the upbeat ditties that would come in the following decades. - What Killed the Jingle?
Meaning of "dirge" in English
- a song or hymn of mourning composed or performed as a memorial to a dead person
Meaning of "dirge" in Hindi
- शोक-गीत ( Shok-git, shok-geet)
Synonyms of "dirge"
Discuss anything about the word dirge below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.