How to use "dismissive" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dismissive" in popular movie and book plots
- André is dismissive of the black boy, warning Pete in jest about what is illegal with blacks – "Specially seduction of minors. - Time of our Darkness
- After they have sex, Terri is dismissive and rejects McNulty's further advances, turning her full attention immediately to her work. - Straight and True
- She starts exhibiting sexually provocative behavior, partly in response to dismissive comments from a member of her volleyball team. - Babel (film)
- Ballio is dismissive of Pseudolus, and tries to avoid him several times. - Pseudolus
- Gil confronts Primo in a hotel sauna and, provoked by Primo's dismissive attitude, stabs him to death. - The Fan (1996 film)
- She is to pretend to be dismissive of them and then, once within the sanctuary, be persuaded to be a convert. - The Labours of Hercules
- Kira is dismissive of this and asserts that the prisoner will stand trial. - Duet (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
- However the Qomar are extremely arrogant and dismissive to everyone, and dislike the Doctor simply for being a holographic entity. - Virtuoso (Star Trek: Voyager)
- Kolrami, who was initially dismissive of Riker's ability, is impressed. - Peak Performance (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- It is not successful, however, as the Vulcan is unresponsive and dismissive regarding human behavior. - Breaking the Ice (Star Trek: Enterprise)
- While Jonathan is initially dismissive and angered, he later learns about his wife's tragic drowning. - White Noise (film)
- Jonathan suspects Illustra and dashes there, where he confronts Wert, who is dismissive regarding the stolen property. - Mannequin (1987 film)
- Picard, along with Data and Barclay, attempts to assure Moriarty they are still working on that goal, but Moriarty is dismissive of that. - Ship in a Bottle (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- She works under Lee's boss Billy Melrose and with dismissive fellow agent Francine Desmond. - Scarecrow and Mrs. King
- Roberts reports the fire to a dismissive Duncan, who refuses to order an evacuation. - The Towering Inferno
- At first, she is dismissive of him but pays him more attention as his reputation rises. - Scarface (1932 film)
Meaning of "dismissive" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dismissive" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dismissive" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dismissive"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dismissive below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.