How to use "dissuade" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dissuade" in popular movie and book plots
- Realizing he cannot dissuade Truman any further, Christof ends the storm. - The Truman Show
- Naruto confronts Sasuke to dissuade him, and after they almost kill each other in a final battle, Sasuke admits defeat and reforms. - Naruto
- He is appalled by Randall's eccentric, socially odd family and tries unsuccessfully to dissuade Jeannie from the marriage. - About Schmidt
- Without acknowledging that he was aware of the precise nature of the plot, the priest tried in vain to dissuade Catesby from his course. - Robert Catesby
- McLeod tries to dissuade Susan, but she pleads with Pritchett, swearing that the funds will be repaid the next day. - Detective Story (1951 film)
- Carol takes a fancy to David, much to the consternation of Louise, who tries to dissuade Carol from establishing a relationship with him. - Possessed (1947 film)
- When he is unable to dissuade her, they jump in together, but the volcano erupts at that moment, blowing them out into the ocean. - Joe Versus the Volcano
- Altman acknowledges to Craig that he is in love with her while trying to dissuade her from pursuing a romantic relationship with Grunick. - Broadcast News (film)
- When Komarovsky learns of Lara's intentions to marry Pasha, he tries to dissuade Lara, and then rapes her. - Doctor Zhivago (film)
- Klogg tries to dissuade Klaymen from reviving Hoborg by tempting him with Hoborg's crown. - The Neverhood
- When they arrive, Éowyn, tries to dissuade Aragorn from going and then--desperate to stay with him--tries to go as well. - The Return of the King
- Anna tries to dissuade him, but he is determined that her influence shall not rule, and he takes the whip himself. - The King and I
- From the afterlife, he speaks briefly to grief-stricken Jubal, to dissuade him from suicide. - Stranger in a Strange Land
- Some time later, Travis hires Iris, but instead of having sex with her, attempts to dissuade her from continuing in prostitution. - Taxi Driver
- Without acknowledging that he was aware of the precise nature of the plot, Garnet attempted to dissuade Catesby from his course, to no avail. - Gunpowder Plot
- Christopher Hatton and Sidney's friend Hubert Languet also tried to dissuade Sidney from pursuing the matter, and it was eventually dropped. - Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford
Meaning of "dissuade" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dissuade" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dissuade" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dissuade"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dissuade below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.