How to use "doctrine" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "doctrine" in popular movie and book plots
- At a tribunal, he is told Catholic doctrine is anathema to Japan. - Silence (2016 film)
- Monophysitism disputed orthodox doctrine in the eastern empire and Arianism was the faith of the Barbarians who held the west. - Antonina: A Byzantine Slut
- In response, the pirates adhere to a doctrine of their own. - Black Sails (TV series)
- Also vital to this theme is the new doctrine for legislating laid out in the first season episode "Let Bartlet Be Bartlet". - The West Wing (season 2)
- Inspired by the sharia law of Islam, it would become the doctrine of the Taliban to completely isolate women from society. - The Dressmaker of Khair Khana
- It is in large part a heroic adventure narrative, though discussion of Jain doctrine is woven into the book. - Varangacharita
- Now, John Crocker realizes that the girls where in on a plot to humiliate the Celebrity for going against his own doctrine from his stories. - The Celebrity
- Almost insane with grief, the husband reproaches the clergyman for having preached a doctrine of a God who inflicts His children with sorrow. - The Turn in the Road
- Emboldened by the Socialist doctrine Saul has taught him, David stands up for Rachel and is beaten by Rosen's thugs. - Rags (musical)
- Akhnaton is in any case ready to forgive Sinuhe, according to his religion's doctrine of mercy and pacifism. - The Egyptian (film)
- At Union Square, Kruger, an agitator, is proclaiming his doctrine "Down with Everything That's Up". - Let 'Em Eat Cake
- He joins the Temple of Robotology, accepting the doctrine of eternal damnation in Robot Hell should he sin. - Hell Is Other Robots
- The author turns out to support a variation of the doctrine of the Demiurge, somewhat similar to that propounded by some Gnostics. - A Voyage to Arcturus
- Malcolm X preaches a doctrine of separation from white society. - Malcolm X (1992 film)
- Adam believes the only way to cure Tender is for Tender to have sex - to reject the Church doctrine at its core. - Survivor (Palahniuk novel)
- The practice appears to be based on custom, because no one clearly remembers any doctrine associated with the practice. - The Big O
Meaning of "doctrine" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "doctrine" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "doctrine" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "doctrine"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word doctrine below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.