How to use "dowry" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dowry" in popular movie and book plots
- Hector & Helios are introduced to Helen of Sparta, who accompanied Paris back to Troy along with her dowry meant for Menelaus. - Whom the Gods Would Destroy
- He used the dowry money from his first wife to purchase a shop in Kaka'ako. - The Money Dragon
- Yaichnitsa is overly concerned with the dowry and appears skeptical as to whether Fyokla has told him the truth about it. - Marriage (play)
- Yet Vadivelu offers to marry his sister without asking dowry and Murali goes home along with Vadivelu to convey this happy news to his sister. - Porkkaalam
- As per convention he has shell out dowry for the marriage and somehow falls short of the agreed sum. - Nala Damayanthi
- To celebrate, Morozko gives Nastenka and Ivan a large dowry of jewels and a horse-driven sleigh for their impending nuptials. - Jack Frost (1964 film)
- Back in his village, he marries Sujata (Aishwarya Rai Bachchan), mainly because of the dowry she brings him. - Guru (2007 film)
- mrs Almayer ran away to the rajah for protection, taking all Dain’s dowry with her. - Almayer's Folly
- Julian Matsakovich also retreats from the rest of the crowd to observe the rich daughter, who already had a dowry set aside of 300,000 rubles. - A Christmas Tree and a Wedding
- Speaking venomously all the while, he checks to see whether Osan's dowry of fine clothes was still there. - The Love Suicides at Amijima
- The story is a sarcastic commentary on the dowry system and is in favour of inter-religious marriage. - Premalekhanam
- Petruchio takes an interest in Kate, owing to the dowry he could potentially receive, and agrees. - Petruchio
- mr Longdon promises him a dowry if he marries Nanda. - The Awkward Age
- Hobson and Beenstock settle on a dowry for the young ladies. - Walking Happy
- Dismayed at having caused such an upset, Swanhilda offers dr Coppelius her dowry in return for his forgiveness. - Coppélia
- Chremes reveals that he was that brother and approving of the match gives a dowry of ten talents. - Andria (comedy)
Meaning of "dowry" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dowry" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dowry" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dowry"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dowry below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.