How to use "dubious" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dubious" in popular movie and book plots
- Eugenia is with her boyfriend, but he seems uninterested in her and appears to be involved in dubious business affairs. - Nostalghia
- Odo is dubious of Croden's stories until Croden shows him a necklace with a stone that changes shape. - Vortex (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
- Ambassador Soval is dubious of Archer's temporal war argument, and tries to dissuade him from venturing into this dangerous section of space. - The Expanse (Star Trek: Enterprise episode)
- Lily increasingly turns to alcohol and picks up dubious men to relieve the pressure of graduate school. - The Devil Wears Prada (novel)
- On his way to be married, he met an attractive but obviously dubious young woman, and rashly decided to have a last fling with her. - The Adventure of the Christmas Pudding
- Satterthwaite is more dubious of the tales she tells of her adventures in diplomatic intrigues. - The Mysterious Mr Quin
- Madame Alvarez, though dubious at first, agrees to let Gigi train around the clock to prepare for Gaston's return. - Gigi (1958 film)
- This Paramore does, at his house, and Julia, dubious but flattered, accepts him before the others arrive. - The Philanderer
- The device takes the player to the year 1304, where the hero has the chance to rescue a damsel in distress from dubious monks. - Future Wars
- Several dubious colleges offer the pair scholarships, but none of them are appealing. - How High
- President and sentenced to death based upon dubious forensic evidence. - Death of a President (2006 film)
- episodes 101, 107), and governmental abuse for morally dubious purposes (episode 113). - Space: Above and Beyond
- On the way, they hear about the dubious reputation of their new landlord. - The Vicar of Wakefield
- She insists that he keep it as a rather dubious gift, wishes him good luck when it hatches, and leaves. - Seussical
- His greatest ally and his greatest adversary is Clorinde Balbi, an Italian woman of dubious background and devious intent. - Son Excellence Eugène Rougon
- Hours before Sheridan's return, Garibaldi is rescued and returned to the station, in rather dubious circumstances. - Babylon 5
Meaning of "dubious" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dubious" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dubious" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dubious"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dubious below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.