How to use "dwindle" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "dwindle" in popular movie and book plots
- As their numbers dwindle and nerves fray, they make an amazing discovery about the moon that just might save their lives. - Shockwave, Darkside
- With fears that supplies will dwindle as the undying grows, Vera suggests that hospitals need more painkillers to handle this situation. - Rendition (Torchwood)
- Audience numbers soon dwindle at Burt and Anton's show, upsetting Bally's owner Doug Munny. - The Incredible Burt Wonderstone
- Shortly thereafter, their water supplies begin to dwindle as well. - Apache Territory
- Prowling round the local butchers he watches the stock of birds gradually dwindle without having the opportunity to take one unobserved. - How Rastus Gets His Turkey
- Their hopes dwindle further when, after seeing a man waving from shore, and what may or may not be another boat, they fail to make contact. - The Open Boat
- Maya is wounded in the shootout, but her SWAT team manages to dwindle Shadaloo's numbers. - Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li
- But her love for Humankind starts to dwindle as her latest charge, Linda Danvers, resists her attempts to help her. - Supergirl: Wings
- However, the music only works as motivation for so long and the women continue to dwindle in numbers. - Paradise Road (1997 film)
- He observes that when he stays in one place too long, his powers dwindle and will return only when he leaves that place. - The Magic Goes Away
- Living in this manner ("in the hands of the gods"), Leavers thrive in times of abundance and dwindle in times of scarcity. - Ishmael (novel)
- The detention camps later dwindle away and close down, the government no longer posing a threat. - Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said
Meaning of "dwindle" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "dwindle" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "dwindle" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "dwindle"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word dwindle below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.