How to use "earnest" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "earnest" in popular movie and book plots
- Dev must prove to Khan that he is earnest and will not hesitate to arrest Kakhan. - Gurudev (film)
- And even though they might have love affairs with their weapons, they are earnest about trying not to use them. - Last Man Standing (novel)
- After the mine is disposed of, repairs continue in earnest on the Wraith. - Once a Hero (novel)
- Despite the Duke's earnest inducements and her willingness to go, the people of Viterbo will not release her. - Prince of Foxes
- Instead of forcing himself upon her, Brandon starts an earnest conversation with her and kisses her. - Welcome to the Dollhouse
- Although he tries to convince Jessica that he is in earnest about the murder, she treats the whole thing as a game. - Dirty Hands
- She later sees Osvaldo dancing with a girl, but they exchange earnest glances. - Stealing Beauty
- The Transformers assume earthen alternate modes, and the hunt begins in earnest to locate the scattered Mini-Cons. - Transformers: Armada
- " and one senses an earnest and newly educated woman's effort to avoid ending a sentence with a preposition. - Who Made Yellow Roses Yellow?
- ' and smooths away the curls that shade her earnest eyes. - Dombey and Son
- The villagers, simple, earnest people who are fond of Manolios, who plays Christ, Yannakos, Apostle Peter, Michelis, Apostle John etc. - Christ Recrucified
- The primary characters are earnest aspiring novelist Adam Fenwick-Symes and his fiancée Nina Blount. - Bright Young Things (film)
- Mister Geppetto (Martin Landau) is an earnest woodcutter. - The Adventures of Pinocchio (1996 film)
- Bob, an earnest young Baptist, has few if any regrets. - The Big Kahuna (film)
- Events turn earnest and Shelby kidnaps Nell Larabee (Percy), with whom Jeff has fallen in love. - Wild and Woolly
- Must have an earnest desire to save the world. - Ishmael (novel)
Meaning of "earnest" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "earnest" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "earnest" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "earnest"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word earnest below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.