How to use "expiate" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "expiate" in popular movie and book plots
- Cusi Coyllur is then imprisoned in the Acllahuasi ("house of chosen women") where she is to expiate her sins; there she gives birth to a baby girl, fruit of her love with Ollantay, that she names Ima Sumac ("how beautiful"). - Ollantay
- Jesco encounters God, cutting and chopping himself until he dies to expiate himself of his sins. - White Lightnin'
- Madame de Maintenon decides to impose stricter rules and plunges into religion in an attempt to expiate her past. - The King's Daughters
- The group is led by Major Richard Mace (Stewart Granger), who is trying to expiate his feelings of guilt for sending his own brother on a dangerous mission and waiting too long to extricate him. - The Secret Invasion
- He treats his good-hearted but slightly eccentric Bible-quoting wife Lavinia in a way designed to undermine both her self-confidence and sense of reality; she is no help to her children and wants nothing more than to join a religious retreat so she can expiate her sins. - Another Part of the Forest
- Obliged to expiate his crime, Cugel is sent down into the depths of the temple of the demon Phampoun. - Cugel's Saga
- Though he has evaded capture for decades with the help of the French government and the Catholic Church, now a new breed of government officials is determined to break decades of silence and expose and expiate the crimes of Vichy. - The Statement (novel)
- Nevertheless, Tell helps John flee, on the condition that John expiate his crime as soon as possible. - William Tell (play)
- There are fourteen women who live in the dilapidated house, sent there to expiate bad karma, as well as to relieve their families of financial and emotional burdens. - Water (2005 film)
- Long haunted by grief and guilt over the death of his girlfriend in a car accident which he believes was his fault, Paul offers to sacrifice himself by taking Ailell's place on the Summer Tree, seeing this as a way to expiate his guilt. - The Summer Tree
Meaning of "expiate" in English
- make amends for
Meaning of "expiate" in Hindi
- क्षतिपूर्ति करना ( Kshatipurti karana, kshatipoorti karanaa)
- प्रायश्चित करना ( Prayashchit karana, praayashchit karanaa)
- निवृत्त करना ( Nivritt karana, nivritt karanaa, niwritt karana)
Synonyms of "expiate"
Discuss anything about the word expiate below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.