How to use "homily" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "homily" in popular movie and book plots
- Father Brendan gives the homily and Susan reads the poem he had previously sent Cheryl. - The Sessions (film)
- Back at church, the priest gives a homily on the community's responsibility for the death of Stacey, stating that the unrealistic high expectations and pressures to be "perfect" contributed to Angela's actions. - A Friend to Die For
- She is a spunky girl who once takes over a church service with her guitar-playing rendition of the hymn "Lord of the Dance", much to the dismay of her folk group leader, and gives a spontaneous, powerful homily about life being a dance where God chooses the partners. - Lord of the Dance (novel)
- Mortar, an old brick-maker, is asked to recite his new poem entitled Bricks: Aurelio replies with a homily on the virtues of hard work. - Amarcord
Example sentences for "homily" in interesting articles
- One trite homily after another explains how to imitate a few of the great dictator’s tics. - How to be like Steve Ballmer
- India has ignored its stated homily of seeking inclusive growth. - 7 days to go for Games, 7 lessons for India
Meaning of "homily" in English
- a sermon on a moral or religious topic
Meaning of "homily" in Hindi
- धार्मिक उपदेश ( Dharmik upadesh, dhaarmik upadesh)
- धर्मविषयक वाक्य ( Dharmavishayak vaky, dharmavishayak vaaky, dharmawishayak waky)
Synonyms of "homily"
Discuss anything about the word homily below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.