How to use "invidious" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "invidious" in popular movie and book plots
- Tola is a reality TV star whose marriage to lawyer Kunle never stood a chance thanks to an invidious family secret. - Fifty (film)
- He also is witness to an invidious class division between "town and gown" which is superimposed upon a religious division between adherents of the Church of England and Nonconformists. - A Murder of Quality
- He meets and hospitably entertains an invidious poetaster, Nicholas Greene, who proceeds to find fault with Orlando's writing. - Orlando: A Biography
Example sentences for "invidious" in interesting articles
- I can’t understand why an egoless person should be interested in influencing the opinions of a mass of people without independent judgement about the work of someone else, and not even by honest argument and analysis, but by a cynical and invidious “political” hatchet job (“I am reminded of the [NATO] general … “ and other such gems). - Letters between Backus and Dijkstra (1979)
- I’ve run across more than a few of those in my time. And, of course, there’s the Keillor Syndrome: Modern ‘progressives’ are committed to the worldview in which ‘the children are all above average’, so to single some out as ‘gifted’ constitutes DISCRIMINATION of an particularly invidious kind. Educhatter says: The standard, “one-size-fits-all” philosophy of public education has always troubled me. Reply: And rightly so. - Why Do Schools Stigmatize "Gifted Children"?
- “The motive is emulation—the stimulus of an invidious comparison which prompts us to outdo those with whom we are in the habit of classing ourselves,” he wrote. - The richer a society or peer group, the less important visible spending becomes.
- Hunter observes that there is "a subtle and invidious pressure towards gender stereotyping in mixed [= coed] schools. - Single-Sex vs. Coed: The Evidence
Meaning of "invidious" in English
- containing or implying a slight or showing prejudice
- invidious comparisons
Meaning of "invidious" in Hindi
- द्वेषजनक ( Dveshajanak, dweshazanak)
- डाह या हसद पैदा करने वाला ( Dah ya hasad paida karane vala, dah yaa hasad paidaa karane vaalaa, dah ya hasad paida karane wala)
- बुरा ( Bura, buraa)
Synonyms of "invidious"
Discuss anything about the word invidious below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.