How to use "law" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "law" in popular movie and book plots
- Frank Galvin (Paul Newman) was once a promising graduate of Boston College Law School and a lawyer at an elite Boston law firm. - The Verdict
- A shootout ensues in which Ho and Shing flee, pursued by local law enforcement. - A Better Tomorrow
- Doris quarrels with Fred when he quits his job at a prestigious law firm to defend Kris. - Miracle on 34th Street
- Shelley has the house rented for the summer to distinguished law professor Michael Lightcap (Ronald Colman), who plans to write a book. - The Talk of the Town (1942 film)
- Though he is victorious, King Peacock despairs that he had to assault and even kill fellow law officers. - Top 10 (comics)
- While investigating the crop circle with the local law enforcement, Graham learns of animals becoming violent across town. - Signs (film)
- Sonia is a lawyer working for the same law firm as her Jewish husband Michael. - Just Like That (novel)
- These powers share the duties of law enforcement in the city. - The Third Man
- With both the Screwface brothers dead, the surviving Posse members are presumably arrested by law enforcement. - Marked for Death
- Jenna calls for help from the Federation, where Servalan has conducted a military coup, imposed martial law and declared herself President. - Blake's 7
- Javert walks down the street, realizing that he is caught between his strict belief in the law and the mercy Valjean has shown him. - Les Misérables
- Instead of executing Mulan as the law requires, Shang spares her life, but discharges her from the army. - Mulan (1998 film)
- As trade negotiations between the United States and Japan grind to a halt, Congress passes a law enabling theS. - Debt of Honor
- mrs Robinson, the neglected wife of his father's law partner, insists that he drive her home. - The Graduate
- A final gunfight ensues where Frenchy is killed in the crossfire, and the rule of law wins the day. - Destry Rides Again
- Violence and looting break out on a small scale, and the authorities respond by declaring martial law and imposing a curfew. - The Plague
Meaning of "law" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "law" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "law" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "law"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word law below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.