How to use "least" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "least" in popular movie and book plots
- "At least he died peacefully. - Perchance to Dream (The Twilight Zone)
- Posing as fishermen, some of the party visit the yacht, the Ariadne, and find that at least one of the crew appears to be German. - The Thirty-Nine Steps
- He comes to understand, at least to some degree, "the machinery that turns out Sammy Glicks" and "the anarchy of the poor". - What Makes Sammy Run?
- Considering Dee at least partially responsible for his victory, Dream shows mercy and returns Dee to Arkham. - The Sandman: Preludes & Nocturnes
- They become an ideal couple, at least to all outward appearance. - Random Harvest (film)
- After examining photographs of Dietrichson, Jackson is sure the man he met was not that old, but at least 15 years younger. - Double Indemnity (film)
- Woundwort's body, however, is never found, and at least one of his former followers continues to believe in his survival. - Watership Down
- David and Agnes then have at least five children, including a daughter named after his great-aunt, Betsey Trotwood. - David Copperfield
- Gerlach proved that plotters like Tresckow or Gersdorff were aware of mass murder happening in the East from at least 1941. - 20 July plot
- When she resists his advances, he says it's the least she could do after all he's done for her. - The Broadway Melody
- Jane Eyre is divided into 38 chapters, and most editions are at least 400 pages long. - Jane Eyre
- Even then, they are expected to shield any fugitives from the law, or at the least not to turn over fugitives to the officials. - Wuxia
- After Nick risks exposure yet again in one of these places, they move to the least known one, a town called Precipice. - The Shockwave Rider
- At least they tell you about their plans for assimilation. - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- " At the end of some episodes, Basil succeeds in annoying (or at least bemusing) the guests and frequently gets his comeuppance. - Fawlty Towers
- On his return to England in 1576 he sold his manors in Devonshire; by the end of 1578 he had sold at least seven more. - Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford
Meaning of "least" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "least" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "least" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "least"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word least below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.