How to use "likely" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "likely" in popular movie and book plots
- Liz asks what will become of Fiedler; Leamas replies that he will most likely be executed. - The Spy Who Came in from the Cold
- Whyte identifies an oil platform off the coast of Baja California as Blofeld's likely base of operations. - Diamonds Are Forever (film)
- Therefore, hexokinase is most likely not an integral membrane protein in yeast. - Hexokinase
- That is, until she finds a home in the least likely of places, inhabited by her popular classmate Yuki Sohma and his cousin Shigure. - Fruits Basket
- The bullet that killed Drake likely came from an antique gun, and Nick knows Janet's father is an avid collector. - Song of the Thin Man
- The Duke of Norfolk visits his elderly mother to see if one of his nieces would be a likely enticement for the king. - The Six Wives of Henry VIII (BBC TV series)
- This is likely because the actual events were unfolding during the production of the film, and names were being protected. - Wake Island (film)
- Lucas suggests it was likely done by a jaguar, but the others are unsure. - Creature from the Black Lagoon
- She is neurotic, a woman with "excessive anxieties and indecisions", and likely to panic when having to face things. - Just Like That (novel)
- When she grows up, he marries her, and the two become founders of a new settlement where Lazarus' long life is less likely to be noticed. - Time Enough for Love
- Cliegg tells Anakin that Shmi was abducted by Tusken Raiders weeks earlier and is likely dead. - Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones
- Prisoner 849 is likely the only human alive on the planet Na Pali throughout the game. - Unreal (1998 video game)
- Mass populations trying to flee the likely impact sites cause a worldwide panic. - Until the End of the World
- Simon, who faints frequently and is likely an epileptic, has a secret hide-away where he goes to be alone. - Lord of the Flies
- The plotters planned to use Henry Percy, Earl of Northumberland, as Elizabeth's Protector, but most likely never informed him of this. - Gunpowder Plot
- During the early 1580s it is likely that the Earl lived mainly at one of his Essex country houses, Wivenhoe, which was sold in 1584. - Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford
Meaning of "likely" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "likely" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "likely" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "likely"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word likely below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.