How to use "little" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "little" in popular movie and book plots
- After little success, the group watch Kambei, an aging but experienced rōnin, rescue a young boy who had been taken hostage by a thief. - Seven Samurai
- Miller decides to take command and defend the bridge with what little manpower and resources are available. - Saving Private Ryan
- Now when splashed with cold water he takes the form of a little black pig. - Ranma ½
- Days later, an encounter with a harpooned whale prompts Pip, a little black cabin-boy from Alabama, to jump out of his whale boat. - Moby-Dick
- In time, he is paroled from the institution, and he is sent to a place 'for a little gentle treatment'. - Leaf by Niggle
- After killing D'Sparil, Corvus ends up on a perilous journey with little hope of returning home. - Heretic (video game)
- Marlow, still some two hundred miles to go, now takes passage on a little sea-going steamer captained by a Swede. - Heart of Darkness
- He eats little boys, puppy dog tails, and big, fat snails. - Glen or Glenda
- There are hungry people to feed and little food. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- The once resplendent theatre is now little but planks and scaffolding (Prologue/Overture). - Follies
- He has been waiting for them, and he offers little resistance – indeed the two men take direction from as they walk through town. - The Trial
- Ash finds little chance of safety, however, as the bridge leading to the cabin has been destroyed. - Evil Dead II
- Their past ruthlessness gives them little hope of quarter from the enraged Fremen. - Vladimir Harkonnen
- Vicki is taken to Wayne Manor by Alfred, who tells her that Bruce will be a little late. - Batman (1989 film)
- I perform a much needed job here in the City of Amnesia"), although he is a little hesitant this time. - The Big O
- Funerals are conducted with more and more speed, no ceremony, and little concern for the feelings of the families of the deceased. - The Plague
Meaning of "little" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "little" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "little" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "little"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word little below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.