How to use "low" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "low" in popular movie and book plots
- He leaves town with Kelly, wanting to retain a low profile and protect Kelly from any possible retribution by Cliff's vengeful relatives. - The Rainmaker (1997 film)
- Cougar is almost taken out by one of the hostile aircraft, however, and afterwards is too shaken to land despite being low on fuel. - Top Gun
- He then finds that a gauge is misreading and that the coolant is dangerously low (he thought it was overflowing). - The China Syndrome
- The novel opens in 1856 with Rougon's career at a low ebb. - Son Excellence Eugène Rougon
- The men, both at personal low points, treat the matter as one of honour; they exchange names and anticipate a duel. - Master and Commander
- While keeping a low profile himself, he turns out to know an awful lot about the other inhabitants including many of their secrets. - Sliver (novel)
- Dazed and utterly confused, he tumbles backwards, hits the low banister and falls down the stairwell. - Damage (Hart novel)
- As the tour starts, concert appearances are repeatedly canceled because of low ticket sales. - This Is Spinal Tap
- The San Pablo is moored on the Xiang River at Changsha, due to low water levels, during the winter of 1926–27. - The Sand Pebbles (film)
- Back in theS, Mike arrives home but maintains a low profile. - The Deer Hunter
- The Spacer worlds are rich, have low population density (average population of one hundred million each), and use robot labor heavily. - The Caves of Steel
- Peggy is unable to adjust to the low pressure atmosphere and has to stay in a bubble in the hospital. - Farmer in the Sky
- One year after the Stone-Like destroyed Earth, the Tetra, running low on food and fuel supplies, makes its return to Earth. - Radiant Silvergun
- Almásy is unaware that Katharine is aboard the plane as it flies low over him and then crashes. - The English Patient
- When Stanley comes in, Stella hugs and kisses him, letting Blanche know that her low opinion of Stanley does not matter. - A Streetcar Named Desire
- Ratso learned shoe-shining from his father but won't stoop so low as to do so. - Midnight Cowboy
Meaning of "low" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "low" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "low" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "low"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word low below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.