How to use "marriage" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "marriage" in popular movie and book plots
- Her half Arab ancestry makes her marriage to the future King Deran impossible. - The Big Fisherman
- One of Huw's three sisters, Angharad, marries the wealthy mine owner's son - whom she does not love - and the marriage is an unhappy one. - How Green Was My Valley
- James departs to purchase a ring, and John accompanies him, after coyly suggested marriage to the oblivious Catherine, which she declines. - Northanger Abbey
- Garrison's marriage is strained when his wife Liz (Sissy Spacek) complains that he is spending more time on the case than with his own family. - JFK (film)
- Now, however, their marriage is dissolving, to the distress of their young son Joseph. - Unbreakable (film)
- In California, the twins (with mild approval from their mother) scheme to sabotage their father's marriage plans. - The Parent Trap (1961 film)
- When asking her where Mary is, Penny then reveals her marriage plans to Steve and he rushes off to stop her. - The Wedding Planner
- Louise promises to stand by her marriage vows; however, during the conversation, Scott's wedding ring falls off his finger. - The Incredible Shrinking Man
- Both the son and the doctor indicate they want the marriage dissolved. - Scared to Death
- The priest seems normal but the best man is a stereotypical devil, smiling ominously, suggesting that this marriage is damned. - Glen or Glenda
- Seeking revenge, Scarlett accepts a marriage proposal from Melanie's brother, Charles Hamilton. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- She then tells Ben that their marriage can't continue the way it has been. - Follies
- Charles makes a proposal of lifelong commitment without marriage to Carrie, who accepts. - Four Weddings and a Funeral
- Although they do not have a child, the marriage endures. - Death of a Hero
- Jen runs away from her husband on the wedding night before the marriage could be consummated. - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- In 1773, Barry takes the Countess' last name in marriage and settles in England to enjoy her wealth, still with no money of his own. - Barry Lyndon
Meaning of "marriage" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "marriage" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "marriage" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "marriage"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word marriage below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.