How to use "million" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "million" in popular movie and book plots
- It may be worth several million dollars in damages, which appeals to him because he is about to declare himself bankrupt. - The Rainmaker (1997 film)
- Nearly ten million other people have the same vision complaint (including the judge and jury foreman), and are awarded $10 million in damages. - The Jerk
- At the final collapse, the Banque holds one-fourth of its own shares worth 200 million francs. - L'Argent
- They find the place quite Earth-like although "655 million miles away from Earth". - Elegy (The Twilight Zone)
- He obtains $1 million in funding from lifelong friend Lansky and other New York mobsters, reminding them that in Nevada, gambling is legal. - Bugsy
- The Count then moves to Paris and dazzles Danglars with his wealth, persuading him to extend him a credit of six million francs. - The Count of Monte Cristo
- Austrian Prince Metternich asks Salomon to raise 15 million florins to help defeat Napoleon. - The House of Rothschild
- Gutman thinks it could be worth two million dollars. - The Maltese Falcon (novel)
- The Spacer worlds are rich, have low population density (average population of one hundred million each), and use robot labor heavily. - The Caves of Steel
- The novel begins with the protagonist, Jason Taverner, a singer, hosting his weekly TV show which has an audience of 30 million viewers. - Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said
- He advertises an offer of a million dollars for the donation of a body from a brain-dead patient. - I Will Fear No Evil
- Humanity has lived for 40 million years on a planet called Harmony, after leaving an Earth that has been destroyed by human conflict. - The Memory of Earth
- (1928), and The Three Musketeers, and invests over $1 million (US$ in dollars) of his earnings in the stock market. - The Great Ziegfeld
- He accepts a wager for £20,000 (equal to about £ million in ) from his fellow club members to complete such a journey within this time period. - Around the World in Eighty Days
- He reattaches the levers before he travels further ahead to roughly 30 million years from his own time. - The Time Machine
- Since the Reserve Army consisted of two million men, Himmler hoped to draw on these reserves to fill posts within the Waffen-SS. - Heinrich Himmler
Meaning of "million" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "million" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "million" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "million"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word million below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.