How to use "miscellany" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "miscellany" in popular movie and book plots
- Тhis military tale (The Tale of the Destruction of Riazan )survived in several sixteenth and the seventeenth century redactions and is thought to be a part of a miscellany that was composed and revised by the clergy of the Church of st Nikholas of Zaraisk. - Furious (2017 film)
- The third part of The Necromancer continues the story of the Lieutenant, as he prepares for his adventure with the Austrian and a miscellany of other officers. - The Necromancer; or, The Tale of the Black Forest
- Wide Awake — First published in Mirth: a miscellany of wit and humour, no. - Foggerty's Fairy and Other Tales
Example sentences for "miscellany" in interesting articles
- By December 2013, the DOJ had issued fifty subpoenas to banks and payment processors.The most vociferous objections to Operation Choke Point came from gun-rights activists, as the firearms and ammunitions industry were labeled “high-risk.” But guns were only one industry among a bizarre miscellany that had been targeted. - How a Cashless Society Could Embolden Big Brother
- The company’s Web site advertised a peculiar miscellany of services: wedding photography, “erotic portrait photography,” and “documenting, photographing, publishing, and selling your valuable art collection.”A page of uncaptioned photographs, titled “Gallery Art,” included a relief of Pharaoh Akhenaten and a pietà, a sculpture of the Virgin Mary cradling the crucified Jesus. - The contested papyrus “The Gospel of Jesus’s Wife”
- They collected information from department stores, shopkeepers, and any other vendors who were subscribers to the service, allowing the merchants to share information on the creditworthiness of their customers amongst themselves.But the consumer credit bureaus were also depositories of a whole miscellany of information. - Credit Bureaus Were the NSA of the 19th Century
- But why not be straightforward when discussing a scam the scale and audacity of which would raise Bernie Madoff's eyebrows?The miscellany of AP courses offered in U.S. - AP Classes Are a Scam
- And when you think about it, the idea makes perfect sense: e-mail is the original, and still dominant, “social media” technology, so when you’re reading or writing messages, it’s useful to have all of the Web’s miscellany about your correspondents gathered up on the same screen. - The story of Rapportive (YC S10) - 'social CRM' plugin that replaces Gmail ads
Meaning of "miscellany" in English
- an anthology of short literary pieces and poems and ballads etc.
- a collection containing a variety of sorts of things
- he had a variety of disorders
- a veritable smorgasbord of religions
Meaning of "miscellany" in Hindi
- विविध संग्रह ( Vividh sangrah, wiwidh sangrah)
Synonyms of "miscellany"
- mixed bag
Discuss anything about the word miscellany below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.