How to use "name" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "name" in popular movie and book plots
- She changed her name in order to get the job (her application under her real, Jewish-sounding name, Estelle Wilovsky, was rejected). - Gentleman's Agreement
- Tuco demands to know the name on the grave, but Carson collapses from thirst before answering. - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- The priest recognizes Lyle's name and is aware of his stroke. - The Straight Story
- The last chapter is introduced by Ubik claiming that it has created and directed the universe, and that its real name is unknown and unspoken. - Ubik
- Kubo soon joins them; and when Yoshiko abandons him, makes the wish to become the supreme enthusiast, under the name of "Otaking". - Otaku no Video
- Everett confronts his wife Penny, who changed her last name and told his daughters he was dead. - O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- It gets its name from a formerly prominent local family, the Mohunes, whose coat of arms includes a symbol shaped like a capital 'Y'. - Moonfleet
- Eventually, Judith appears in the crowd and calls for the release of Brian, which the crowd echoes since the name also contains an "r". - Monty Python's Life of Brian
- The legendary Robin Hood, initially under the name of Locksley, is also a character in the story, as are his "merry men". - Ivanhoe
- Also in later seasons, Wilson's full name was revealed to be Wilson Wilson, Jr. - Home Improvement (TV series)
- The government took advantage of this, and the firemen were soon hired to burn books in the name of public happiness. - Fahrenheit 451
- Liz and Peter scheme to learn Bobbi's real name by getting inside dr Elliott's office. - Dressed to Kill (1980 film)
- Unhappy with his brother's doings, Abulurd eventually marries Emmi Rabban and renounces the family name and his rights to the title. - Vladimir Harkonnen
- Her name is Carmilla. - Carmilla
- In 1773, Barry takes the Countess' last name in marriage and settles in England to enjoy her wealth, still with no money of his own. - Barry Lyndon
- He abolishes the practice of the revolutionary traditions and restores the name "The Manor Farm". - Animal Farm
Meaning of "name" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "name" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "name" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "name"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word name below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.