How to use "need" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "need" in popular movie and book plots
- When he demands Star's professional judgment, she tells him that he must leave; her world has no place or need for a hero of his stature. - Glory Road
- Benjamin is then told that Aquaria is in danger, and is in need of help. - Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
- The Primer is designed to react to its owners' environment and teach them what they need to know to survive and develop. - The Diamond Age
- Badger and Mole are cross with Rat for his gullibility, but draw comfort because they need no longer waste their summer guarding Toad. - The Wind in the Willows
- The story touches Mitch, who tells Blanche that they need each other. - A Streetcar Named Desire
- He lives without financial ambition and the need for a 'good job,' but his living conditions are uncomfortable and his job is boring. - Keep the Aspidistra Flying
- His physics work is further disrupted by the need for him to perform manual labor during a drought in this anarchist society. - The Dispossessed
- Simon, in addition to supervising the project of constructing shelters, feels an instinctive need to protect the "littluns" (younger boys). - Lord of the Flies
- They admit to each other that neither want nor need grow old alone, which is slowly creeping up on them; they have no more time to lose. - The Parent Trap (1961 film)
- The Overlook has difficulty possessing Danny, so it begins to possess Jack by frustrating his need and desire to work. - The Shining (novel)
- Earth’s minerals are being depleted and humans need more of them to survive. - Red Faction (video game)
- The Emperor feels the need to assert his own authority over the Black Ghoul. - Orgy of the Dead
- In need of money, the four stop at a radio broadcast tower where they record a song as The Soggy Bottom Boys. - O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- Montag, meanwhile, concedes that he will need help to understand the books. - Fahrenheit 451
- tries to argue with the flogger, saying that the men need not be whipped, but the flogger cannot be swayed. - The Trial
- At a nearby inn, a surgeon informs Barry that the leg will need to be amputated below the knee if he is to survive. - Barry Lyndon
Meaning of "need" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "need" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "need" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "need"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word need below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.