How to use "night" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "night" in popular movie and book plots
- ainy night in Edwardian London, opera patrons are waiting under the arches of Covent Garden for cabs. - My Fair Lady
- Judith is the only one that doesn't leave; Brian and Judith then spend the night together. - Monty Python's Life of Brian
- The journey pauses for the night about eight miles below the Inner Station. - Heart of Darkness
- After Nesmith spends the night drinking heavily, the Thermians arrive to pick up a hungover Nesmith in the limo he had requested. - Galaxy Quest
- During the platoon's final night on Parris Island, Joker discovers Pyle in the bathroom, loading his rifle with live ammunition. - Full Metal Jacket
- Charles meets Carrie and spends the night with her. - Four Weddings and a Funeral
- He goes to work, and that night apologizes to Fräulein Bürstner for the intrusion into her room. - The Trial
- Bill is summoned to Ziegler's house, where he is confronted with the events of the past night and day. - Eyes Wide Shut
- Tisdall is grilled all night by Scotland Yard detectives until he faints. - Young and Innocent
- Following Lucy's death and burial, the newspapers report children being stalked in the night by a "bloofer lady" (ie, "beautiful lady"). - Dracula
- Jen runs away from her husband on the wedding night before the marriage could be consummated. - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- As night falls and another storm begins, Janet drives alone to Lake Marsh. - Bride of the Monster
- As he leaves, the Bat-Signal lights up in the night sky as Catwoman watches from afar. - Batman Returns
- Not only this, but a studious girl from Buffy's class, Cassandra, is abducted one night by Amilyn and sacrificed to Lothos. - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (film)
- The night before he is to return from leave, he stays up with her, exchanging small expressions of love and concern for each other. - All Quiet on the Western Front
- Alex is a 15-year-old living in near-future dystopian England who leads his gang on a night of opportunistic, random "ultra-violence". - A Clockwork Orange (novel)
Meaning of "night" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "night" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "night" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "night"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word night below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.