How to use "north" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "north" in popular movie and book plots
- Directly, Poirot and Hastings go to Renauld's home, the Villa Genevieve in Merlinville-sur-Mer on the north coast of France. - The Murder on the Links
- They eventually find the rabbit-proof fence, knowing they can follow it north to Jigalong. - Rabbit-Proof Fence (film)
- Dowding adds that 12 Group units north of London are now all within range, while enemy fighters are at the extreme edge of their own range. - Battle of Britain (film)
- The film then shifts to the Dombes, a boggy region north of Lyon. - Ridicule
- Feng notes that Hong purposely heads north against the south-blowing wind. - Ashes of Time
- They fly north where the man is supposed to be hunting. - The Edge (1997 film)
- He in the south and Pancho Villa (Alan Reed) in the north unite under the leadership of naive reformer Francisco Madero (Harold Gordon). - Viva Zapata!
- The brothers, heading north to Canada, come to the Tender Branson Sensitive Materials Sanitary Landfill on the way. - Survivor (Palahniuk novel)
- The ship spends a relatively quiet Christmas in the north of Scotland during the Phoney War. - In Which We Serve
- Hiro heads north to where the Raft, a huge collection of boats containing Eurasian refugees, is approaching the American coast. - Snow Crash
- Whit instructs Jeff to keep looking for her—instead, Jeff takes her north to San Francisco. - Out of the Past
- She travels north on the General to see him but still wants nothing to do with Johnnie. - The General (1926 film)
- Feverish and losing strength, Roland continues to trek north along the beach, where he eventually encounters three doors. - The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three
- The two marry secretly and make a home together in Croton-on-Hudson, north of New York City, but still have conflicting desires. - Reds (film)
- He also fears reprisals from the gunfighters' friends north of the border. - The Magnificent Seven
- The second story takes place in the far north of Westeros, where an 8,000-year-old wall of ice defends the Seven Kingdoms from the Others. - A Song of Ice and Fire
Meaning of "north" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "north" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "north" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "north"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word north below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.