How to use "official" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "official" in popular movie and book plots
- In 1911, while living in Kiev without official papers, Bok is arrested on suspicion of murder when a Christian boy is killed during Passover. - The Fixer (novel)
- The official investigator, Inspector Sugg, suspects Thipps and his servant; Wimsey starts his own enquiry. - Whose Body?
- He believes in God, a crime punishable by death, since the State's official religion is atheism. - The Obsolete Man
- However, it has been stated by the author that Tender survives, and an explanation is available on Chuck Palahniuk's official website. - Survivor (Palahniuk novel)
- During a counselling session Sassoon talks to Rivers about the official attitude towards homosexuality. - Regeneration (novel)
- In a post-victory speech, he announces his official retirement from professional bodybuilding. - Pumping Iron
- Lewis initially refuses, but Caton orders him to go and file his official report. - Wake Island (film)
- His mother and his girlfriend, Mildred, are consoling him as a somber official and priest show up. - Safety Last!
- without official documentation. - El Norte (film)
- There is no official record of his birth, meaning his existence is largely unknown. - The Wasp Factory
- The aide unknowingly reveals information regarding the date of Jacobs' official visit to the Attorney General of Colombia. - Clear and Present Danger
- Mulan turns down an official post, and asks only for a swift horse to carry her home. - Hua Mulan
- During boarding, Clark is asked by a customs official "Anything to declare. - Podkayne of Mars
- During the official launch of the K-19, the bottle of champagne fails to break when it strikes the bow, known to be a sign of ill fortune. - K-19: The Widowmaker
- Their arrest is interrupted by General Salazar (Milian), a high-ranking Mexican official who decides to hire Javier. - Traffic (2000 film)
- Titorelli turns out to be an official painter of portraits for the court (an inherited position), and has a deep understanding of the process. - The Trial
Meaning of "official" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "official" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "official" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "official"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word official below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.