How to use "open" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "open" in popular movie and book plots
- The Morlocks open the Sphinx and use the time machine as bait to capture the Traveller, not understanding that he will use it to escape. - The Time Machine
- Simon throws the book onto the floor in contempt, not believing in magic, only for a portal to open above it as a result. - Simon the Sorcerer
- Tomoe's daughter Hotaru is possessed by the entity Mistress 9, who must open the dimensional gateway through which Pharaoh 90 must travel. - Sailor Moon
- He is confronted by Nessus, a Pierson's Puppeteer, and offered one of three open positions on an exploration voyage beyond Known Space. - Ringworld
- At the ball, Mr Bingley is open and cheerful, popular with all the guests, and appears to be very attracted to the beautiful Miss Bennet. - Pride and Prejudice
- Mireau, enraged, orders his artillery to open fire on them to force them onto the battlefield. - Paths of Glory
- They open the doors, revealing a coffin. - Orgy of the Dead
- They open the gate and Denham, Driscoll and some volunteers enter the jungle in hopes of rescuing Ann. - King Kong (1933 film)
- The pilgrims open fire as the current carries them swiftly downstream. - Heart of Darkness
- Garnet wrote to a colleague in Rome, Claudio Acquaviva, expressing his concerns about open rebellion in England. - Gunpowder Plot
- His sister, Grete, to whom he is very close, then whispers through the door and begs him to open it. - The Metamorphosis
- As the plane approaches the new target, the crew is unable to open the damaged bomb bay doors. - Dr. Strangelove
- The elevator doors open on the figure of a tall, blond woman in dark sunglasses wielding a straight razor. - Dressed to Kill (1980 film)
- Their first act is to start open aggression against the Narn. - Babylon 5
- They soon escape and, after tranquillising Branden, Batman dodges as the rest open fire, barely managing to survive after two bullet wounds. - Batman: Year One
- In February, the town gates open and people are reunited with their loved ones from other cities. - The Plague
Meaning of "open" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "open" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "open" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "open"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word open below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.