How to use "over" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "over" in popular movie and book plots
- Purple Tentacle escapes to resume his quest to take over the world. - Day of the Tentacle
- Helsing prescribes numerous blood transfusions to which dr Seward, Helsing, Quincey and Arthur all contribute over time. - Dracula
- Kent and "Frenchy" (Marlene Dietrich), his girlfriend and the dance hall queen, now have a stranglehold over the local cattle ranchers. - Destry Rides Again
- Each character is outfitted with an innate Element affinity and three unique special abilities that are learned over time. - Chrono Cross
- Wally goes off to serve in the Second World War and his plane is shot down over Burma. - The Cider House Rules
- Julie confides in Carrie that Billy, frustrated over being unemployed, hit her. - Carousel (musical)
- Vicious, having staged a coup d'état and taken over the Syndicate, sends hitmen after the pair. - Cowboy Bebop
- The incident sent him forward through time, and as he ages, he plots revenge against Lavos and broods over the fate of his sister, Schala. - Chrono Trigger
- The game can be imported or started over in Part II. - Castle of the Winds
- Following a duel where Mu Bai regains possession of the Green Destiny, he decides to throw the sword over a waterfall. - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- Lobo is reluctant to take part in this experiment, and Vornoff uses a whip to re-assert his control over his slave and assistant. - Bride of the Monster
- Becoming concerned over the Shadows' growing influence among his people, Centauri ambassador Londo Mollari attempts to sever ties with them. - Babylon 5
- Woodrue and Isley argue over the use of the drug and Woodrue kills her by overturning a shelf of various toxins. - Batman & Robin (film)
- Driven insane, Napier calls himself "the Joker", killing Grissom and taking over his criminal empire. - Batman (1989 film)
- Jeffrey talks to Detective Williams over the Yellow Man's police radio, but lies about his location inside the apartment. - Blue Velvet (film)
- Authorities, including the Prefect, are slow to accept that the situation is serious and quibble over the appropriate action to take. - The Plague
Meaning of "over" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "over" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "over" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "over"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word over below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.