How to use "pass" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "pass" in popular movie and book plots
- He issues Taverner a seven-day police pass to ensure he can pass police checkpoints in the interim period. - Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said
- Several months pass with diplomatic tensions continuing to escalate between theS. - Tora! Tora! Tora!
- Reporting to the training camp Mulan is able to pass as a man, although her military skills are initially poor. - Mulan (1998 film)
- More years pass and Crusoe discovers native cannibals, who occasionally visit the island to kill and eat prisoners. - Robinson Crusoe
- He shoots up to pass the day, then drives to meet Mia, Marsellus's wife, who Marsellus has asked Vincent to escort while he is out of town. - Pulp Fiction
- Gifford would pass them on to Walsingham, who would confide them to Phelippes. - Babington Plot
- Calling Holly a fool "for busting up the swellest guy in the circus," Angel makes a pass at Brad and they become an item. - The Greatest Show on Earth (film)
- During a stop in a diner, Sally is angered when Harry tells her she is attractive; she accuses him of making a pass at her. - When Harry Met Sally...
- " As they leave, they pass the graves of their fallen comrades. - The Magnificent Seven
- He is befriended by Andy and Red, and Andy helps him pass his GED exam. - The Shawshank Redemption
- Months later, a pregnant Sarah is traveling through Mexico, recording audio tapes to pass on to her unborn son, John. - The Terminator
- The students pass the hours by talking, arguing, and, at one point, smoking marijuana that Bender retrieves from his locker. - The Breakfast Club
- He returns to his apartment, but Kimiko goes to the CoE club using a pass Miho gave her long ago in the beginning. - Megatokyo
- Eliza's final test requires her to pass as a lady at the Embassy Ball, and after weeks of preparation, she is ready. - My Fair Lady
- They pass through the spectral showgirls without seeing them. - Follies
- One of the men produces a double-edged butcher knife, and as the two men pass it back and forth between them, the narrator tells us that "K. - The Trial
Meaning of "pass" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "pass" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "pass" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "pass"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word pass below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.