How to use "position" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "position" in popular movie and book plots
- Mushu is granted a position as a Fa family guardian by the ancestors amid a returning celebration. - Mulan (1998 film)
- Caspar assumes Leo's position as boss of the city, controlling the police and using them to destroy Leo's operations. - Miller's Crossing
- After she regains her health, st John finds Jane a teaching position at a nearby village school. - Jane Eyre
- She hopes to use her position as Edgar's wife to raise Heathcliff's standing. - Wuthering Heights
- Jones returns to his teaching position at Marshall College, where he is interviewed by two Army Intelligence agents. - Raiders of the Lost Ark
- The 'Starmen inform Kathy of her husband's new position with Molinari and suspect the latter's possible defection to the reegs. - Now Wait for Last Year
- Raymond resigns his position and leaves to rejoin the war in Greece, accompanied for a time by Adrian. - The Last Man
- Meanwhile, Sam manages to rise to the position of master-at-arms. - Starman Jones
- Jenny raises young Garp alone, taking a position at the all-boys Steering School in New England. - The World According to Garp
- Encouraged by Father Tim, who believes Blackie can use the supervisor position to implement reform, Blackie decides to run for office. - San Francisco (1936 film)
- Robert realizes his daughter Caroline is a drug addict and is caught between his demanding new position and difficult family life. - Traffic (2000 film)
- Paul and Don are evacuated in Don's ship, placed into position close to Earth by Tigerishka. - The Wanderer (Leiber novel)
- In some stories, the leader may not be the greatest martial artist in the jianghu; in other stories, the position of the leader is hereditary. - Wuxia
- The position of Number Two is filled in by various other characters on a rotating basis. - The Prisoner
- Urquhart is secretly contemptuous of the well-meaning but weak Collingridge, but expects a promotion to a senior position in the Cabinet. - House of Cards (UK TV series)
- However, he never regained his position as a courtier of the first magnitude. - Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford
Meaning of "position" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "position" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "position" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "position"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word position below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.