How to use "preamble" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "preamble" in popular movie and book plots
- The documentary film was shot at the preamble to the football international match of June 30, 2000, between Tibet and Greenland. - The Forbidden Team
- After a preamble by Eric Idle (impersonating the British film critic Philip Jenkinson), who praises American film director Sam Peckinpah's predilection for "violence in its starkest form" (while constantly sniffling, despite the onscreen captions persistently telling him to stop), we are treated to a clip from Peckinpah's latest project, which is an adaptation of the aforementioned Salad Days musical. - Sam Peckinpah's "Salad Days"
- By whipping some of the Medusan nomads into a killing frenzy that will sweep across the planet in a haze of blood, they can claim legal pretext to swoop in and take control of the system before Manticore can respond, as a preamble to invading Manticore itself The ground force of Medusans is easily dealt with by Fearlesss complement of Marines. - On Basilisk Station
- The webcomic begins with the Order fighting goblins and other monsters on their way through the Dungeon of Dorukan (although the first volume of the printed edition later included a preamble showing how the Order finds and enters the Dungeon). - The Order of the Stick
- The travel begins with a short preamble in which Lemuel Gulliver gives a brief outline of his life and history before his voyages. - Gulliver's Travels
Example sentences for "preamble" in interesting articles
- They definitely won’t impact the average user who just uses Gmail to read email and headlines,Skypes with their family, and checks Facebook a couple times a day. But eventually, the ad revenue model is going to mean we are all walled into sanitized gardens of advertiser-approved family-friendly content, and, worse, malware. All of this is a long preamble to say that I’ve been pretty angry with SoundCloud lately. ##Soundcloud Ever since I discovered SoundCloud, I’ve really enjoyed listening to it to find music that’s never played on the radio. - Who's doing this to my internet?
- Traditional publishers are subject to no such sweeping, extrajudicial censorship power. What kind of content might we be talking about here? Much of the preamble of the document talks about sex. - Africa's Worst New Internet Censorship Law Could Be Coming to South Africa
- In the preamble of the document, the first reference made is one to Article 12 of the UDHR, so it would seem that I am all but alone in interpreting this provision the way I do. - Senator Feinstein Admits the NSA Taps the Internet Backbone
Meaning of "preamble" in English
- a preliminary introduction to a statute or constitution (usually explaining its purpose)
- make a preliminary introduction, usually to a formal document
Meaning of "preamble" in Hindi
- भूमिका ( Bhumika, bhoomikaa)
- प्रस्तावना ( Prastavana, prastaavanaa, prastawana)
- आमुख ( Aamukh)
- उद्देशिका ( Uddeshika, uddeshikaa)
- भूमिका लिखना
- भूमिका लिखना ( Bhumika likhana, bhoomikaa likhanaa)
Discuss anything about the word preamble below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.