How to use "pressure" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "pressure" in popular movie and book plots
- Under pressure from the Feds, Nico is asked to turn in his badge. - Above the Law (film)
- Afterwards, he finds himself under increasing pressure from the client's aide and is himself followed, tricked, and bugged. - The Conversation
- Under mounting pressure from city leaders, the police work around the clock. - M (1931 film)
- Under intense pressure from the neural clone, Crichton does so. - Farscape
- Nathan returns to Frankfort and, under pressure from his own people, agrees to submit to Ledrantz. - The House of Rothschild
- Phillip's parents pressure him to call off the wedding to Nancy's daughter Jenny, but he refuses and stands up to them. - Five Star Final
- The pressure of keeping up a façade and being constantly reminded that her husband has moved on eventually physically weakens her. - East Lynne
- Peggy is unable to adjust to the low pressure atmosphere and has to stay in a bubble in the hospital. - Farmer in the Sky
- He was also facing pressure fromS. - Joseph Bonanno
- Rumack convinces Striker to fly the plane, though Striker feels unable to handle the pressure and the unfamiliar aircraft. - Airplane!
- The pressure is immense, but Max succeeds and the ship returns to known space. - Starman Jones
- Though they treat it with curiosity, Coffey is agitated by it and cuts it in half by closing a pressure bulkhead on it, causing it to retreat. - The Abyss
- The people who are infected start to find that genetic faults such as myopia and high blood pressure get fixed. - Blood Music (novel)
- Terry assumed that Friendly's enforcers were only going to "lean" on Joey to pressure him into silence, and is surprised when Joey is killed. - On the Waterfront
- The second the pressure is available, Tyler orders Tank to fire the final torpedo. - U-571 (film)
- Remembering that Jack has neglected to relieve the pressure on the hotel's unstable boiler, Danny informs him that it is about to explode. - The Shining (novel)
Meaning of "pressure" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "pressure" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "pressure" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "pressure"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word pressure below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.