How to use "pretty" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "pretty" in popular movie and book plots
- Upon his release from the hospital, David moves in with Alex Price, a pretty young nurse who grew infatuated with him in the hospital. - An American Werewolf in London
- (When PRISM asks Perelman about himself, Perelman mentions that politically, he has "always been pretty liberal. - A Mind Forever Voyaging
- At the Palace, Emperor Nero (Dom DeLuise) gorges on food, ogles pretty maidens and waits to be entertained. - History of the World, Part I
- Glinda is a beautiful and gracious sorceress, surrounded by a court of pretty girls. - The Wiz
- Carly Beth Caldwell is a naive, timid and gullible 11-year-old girl who is afraid of pretty much everything. - The Haunted Mask
- In the end, Sully is pretty much back where he began, boarding at Miss Beryl's. - Nobody's Fool (1994 film)
- She only became pretty like their Mother on Brant's Islands, with the natives staring at her with desire. - Mourning Becomes Electra
- Dave later enrolls at the university, where he meets a pretty French student. - Breaking Away
- As they leave, Ferris reminds the audience, "Life moves pretty fast. - Ferris Bueller's Day Off
- He buys her a pretty dress and encourages her father to take her to town and church. - Johnny Belinda (1948 film)
- There, Duff meets the pretty and genteel schoolteacher Josie, the daughter of Preacher Dawson. - Nothing But a Man
- Jack Powell and David Armstrong are rivals in the same small American town, both vying for the attentions of pretty Sylvia Lewis. - Wings (1927 film)
- If she (a pretty young woman) can get off with a long prison term, he'll wait for her. - The Maltese Falcon (novel)
- Claire gives Allison a makeover, to reveal just how pretty she really is, which sparks romantic interest in Andrew. - The Breakfast Club
- He declines to dance with Elizabeth suggesting that she is not pretty enough to tempt him. - Pride and Prejudice
- Ashley tells her how pretty she looks, and they reminisce about the days when they were young and talk about their lives now. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
Meaning of "pretty" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "pretty" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "pretty" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "pretty"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word pretty below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.