How to use "propitiate" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "propitiate" in popular movie and book plots
- The name "steinkopf" refers to a giant stone head the natives built to propitiate their mountain god in the hope he would lift the curse upon them. - A Report from Group 17
- People in South Park are struggling with the recent economic downturn, and many people on the street are castigating those whom they would blame; Cartman predictably blames the Jews, claiming they hid the money in a "Jew Cave", but Randy convinces everyone to reduce their spending to only the "bare essentials" in order to propitiate the economy, defending his own frivolous purchase by adding that the essentials include margaritas. - Margaritaville (South Park)
Meaning of "propitiate" in English
- make peace with
Meaning of "propitiate" in Hindi
- संतुष्ट करना ( Santusht karana, santusht karanaa)
- बहलाना ( Bahalana, bahalanaa)
- राज़ी करना ( Razi karana, raazee karanaa, raji karana)
Synonyms of "propitiate"
Discuss anything about the word propitiate below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.