How to use "public" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "public" in popular movie and book plots
- In an arranged meeting without public she plays against Turati who does exactly what Luzhin expected and loses. - The Luzhin Defence
- Zola dies of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning due to a faulty stove the night before the public ceremony in which Dreyfus is exonerated. - The Life of Emile Zola
- Unable to maintain the public utilities, the Arabs soon abandon most of the city to the British. - Lawrence of Arabia (film)
- Despite having a diminished intellect, Forrest is admitted to public school after his mother agrees to have sex with the principal. - Forrest Gump
- The end credits claim that records related to the assassination will be released to the public in 2029. - JFK (film)
- He plays an excerpt over the public address system, resulting in him receiving solitary confinement. - The Shawshank Redemption
- She answers a ringing public telephone and vanishes. - The Matrix
- Later, it is revealed that Erika is a former pop idol, who caused a big scene then disappeared from the public eye after her fiancé left her. - Megatokyo
- For her first public tryout, Higgins takes Eliza to his mother's box at Ascot Racecourse ("Ascot Gavotte"). - My Fair Lady
- Another unwitting pawn is Roger O'Neill (Miles Anderson), the party's cocaine-addicted public relations consultant. - House of Cards (UK TV series)
- A large number of spectres appear, all gazing at him with disapproval, as if serving as the jury of public opinion on his perceived deviance. - Glen or Glenda
- Debate ensues about notifying the public about the danger of the monster. - Godzilla (1954 film)
- The government took advantage of this, and the firemen were soon hired to burn books in the name of public happiness. - Fahrenheit 451
- At a press conference for Cobblepot organized by Shreck, Batman broadcasts the recording, destroying Cobblepot's public image. - Batman Returns
- In London, Wallace is brought before an English magistrate, tried for high treason, and condemned to public torture and beheading. - Braveheart
- Bullingdon demands satisfaction for Barry's public assault, challenging him to a duel. - Barry Lyndon
Meaning of "public" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "public" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "public" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "public"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word public below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.