How to use "read" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "read" in popular movie and book plots
- The following morning, married lawyers Adam and Amanda Bonner (Spencer Tracy and Katharine Hepburn) read about the incident in the newspaper. - Adam's Rib
- Having read Conway's writings, Sondra believed he was the one; the Lama had agreed with her and arranged for Conway's abduction. - Lost Horizon (1937 film)
- Marius fulfills her request and goes into a tavern to read the letter. - Les Misérables
- Julian says that he wishes to retrieve his letter before Lermontov has seem it, except that Lermontov has already read the letter. - The Red Shoes (1948 film)
- The next morning, Spade coolly tells his office secretary, Effie Perine, to have the office door repainted to read simply "Samuel Spade". - The Maltese Falcon (novel)
- The story follows on from Foundation's Edge, but can be read as a complete work in itself. - Foundation and Earth
- In short order, every message coming to and from Chartley Hall was intercepted and read by Walsingham. - Babington Plot
- The ghost convinces Wenton-Weakes to read Coleridge's work, leading him to kill Albert Ross, the editor that replaced him. - Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
- In a dream sequence, Isak is asked by Sten Alman, now the examiner, to read “foreign” letters on the blackboard. - Wild Strawberries (film)
- In the framing story, the grandson allows the grandfather to read on about Westley and Buttercup sharing a passionate kiss. - The Princess Bride (film)
- Brian writes the essay and leaves it in the library for Vernon to read after they leave. - The Breakfast Club
- A spunky schoolgirl, Sonoda Yuki, and her friends, Asako and Mami, see him sitting amidst piles of read manga, and ask him what he is doing. - Megatokyo
- Ximénez decides to forget the introduction and has Cardinal Fang read out charges of heresy against the woman. - The Spanish Inquisition (Monty Python)
- The King and his close family, watching in secret, were among the spectators as the Lords Commissioners read out the list of charges. - Guy Fawkes
- Guy Montag is a "fireman" employed to burn the possessions of those who read outlawed books. - Fahrenheit 451
- Snowball teaches the animals to read and write, while Napoleon educates young puppies on the principles of Animalism. - Animal Farm
Meaning of "read" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "read" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "read" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "read"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word read below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.