How to use "ready" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "ready" in popular movie and book plots
- The princess sends Orville away to get ready for the wedding. - Road to Morocco
- Rawlings and Zebulon's daughter, Eve (Carroll Baker) are attracted to each other, but Linus is not ready to settle down. - How the West Was Won (film)
- He says he's ready to begin playing basketball again, but only if Dale remains as coach. - Hoosiers
- He is ready for Henry to do his part in their "supreme collaboration". - Bride of Frankenstein
- Paul is unsure how to help John, but John tells him not to worry, as he is ready to die anyway, wanting to escape the cruelty of the world. - The Green Mile (novel)
- Elrond advises Frodo that he should be ready to meet them on one last journey soon. - The Return of the King
- As the ship is ready to disembark at New York City, the two make an appointment to meet six months later on top of the Empire State Building. - Love Affair (1939 film)
- Giulio, however, still does not believe that she is ready for such a venue. - One Night of Love
- He assures her that he will take her himself to Italy and that she should be ready by the end of the month. - The Barretts of Wimpole Street (1934 film)
- He tells her he has an escape plan, and she should be ready to leave after the performance ("I Have Dreamed"). - The King and I
- As he gets ready to leave, he passes the graves of Catherine, Edgar and Heathcliff and pauses to contemplate the quiet of the moors. - Wuthering Heights
- Morbius refuses, claiming that "humanity is not yet ready to receive such limitless power". - Forbidden Planet
- Aronnax immediately goes to his companions and they are ready to escape. - Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
- While getting ready for bed, he hides the stolen book under his pillow. - Fahrenheit 451
- Carrie's husband and their many children enter to fetch her—the family must get ready for the high school graduation later that day. - Carousel (musical)
- Lothos hypnotizes Buffy again and when the dance music stops, she remembers Merrick's words and is ready to defend herself. - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (film)
Meaning of "ready" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "ready" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "ready" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "ready"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word ready below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.