How to use "religious" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "religious" in popular movie and book plots
- The man claims to be a prisoner of an insane religious order, locked up because he kissed his sweetheart in public. - The Howling Man
- His existential crisis leads to unsatisfying experiments with religious conversion to Catholicism and an interest in Krishna Consciousness. - Hannah and Her Sisters
- After the death of a fellow astronaut, he nurtures a close acquaintance with a young religious woman named Riquinni Nonderaiko. - Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise
- The agent's company has been planning for years to turn the last survivor of the Creedish cult into a religious celebrity. - Survivor (Palahniuk novel)
- Jess's wife Eliza, (Dorothy McGuire) a Quaker minister, is deeply religious and steadfast in her refusal to engage in violence. - Friendly Persuasion (1956 film)
- However, Catholic Bishop Gardiner takes a dislike to Catherine's religious views. - The Six Wives of Henry VIII (BBC TV series)
- All those who refuse the meat are judged guilty of insubordination and are brought to the fore-deck where they receive religious last rites. - Battleship Potemkin
- Knudsen is a domineering religious man who warns against those who "traffic in gold" and trades Bible verses with Judd at the dinner table. - Ride the High Country
- They are a religious cult who live in a commune in Stirlingshire and reject most technology. - Whit (novel)
- Celie begins to lose some of her faith in God, which she confides to Shug, who explains to Celie her own unique religious philosophy. - The Color Purple
- Geofram Bornhald, leader of the zealous religious group Children of the Light, is preparing to attack the Seanchan. - The Great Hunt
- Billy, a pious worker for the Ethos religious group, was originally from Solaris. - Xenogears
- Defying his conscience and accepting the negative religious consequences he expects for his actions—"All right, then, I'll go to hell. - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- As a result, his rule is one of religious awe and despotic fear. - God Emperor of Dune
- While Paul is the most powerful emperor ever known, he is powerless to stop the lethal excesses of the religious juggernaut he has created. - Dune Messiah
- His religious convictions in the face of national athletic pride make headlines around the world. - Chariots of Fire
Meaning of "religious" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "religious" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "religious" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "religious"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word religious below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.