How to use "seek" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "seek" in popular movie and book plots
- One day, the Hero's friend informs him of the Dark Lord's goals and urges him to seek a Knight named Bogard. - Final Fantasy Adventure
- On his deathbed, the King of Fynn tasks the party to seek the help of the seemingly extinct dragoons of Deist. - Final Fantasy II
- Meanwhile, Kringelein offers to take care of Flaemmchen, who suggests they go to Paris and seek a cure for his illness. - Grand Hotel (1932 film)
- Consequently, the Joads have no option but to seek work in California, described in handbills as fruitful and offering high pay. - The Grapes of Wrath
- Jody persuades Fergus to promise to seek out his girlfriend Dil (Jaye Davidson) in London should Jody be killed. - The Crying Game
- Lecter, who considers this act "unspeakably ugly", calls Starling back and tells her to seek out an old patient of his. - The Silence of the Lambs (film)
- Some rant, others seek sympathy, still others commit suicide while on the phone. - The Shockwave Rider
- Instructed to become a wizard, Simon is told to seek out wizards in the local tavern, and complete tasks with them. - Simon the Sorcerer
- When Tsubasa suddenly departs for America to seek his "first true love", the protagonists are forced out of the apartment. - Megatokyo
- Moby Dick smashes the three boats that seek him into splinters and tangles their lines. - Moby-Dick
- The group encounters God, who instructs them to seek the Holy Grail. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Entering the house to seek loot, Jim finds the naked body of a dead man lying on the floor, shot in the back. - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Wintour, who at first objected to the plan, was convinced by Catesby to travel to the continent to seek help. - Guy Fawkes
- They decide to seek refuge in Willows House, which is supposedly abandoned and haunted. - Bride of the Monster
- The genre evolved from folklore tales of a dunce or youngest son going out in the world to seek his fortune. - Bildungsroman
- The Reverend and the family's accountant Graham then seek out Lord Bullingdon. - Barry Lyndon
Meaning of "seek" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "seek" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "seek" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "seek"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word seek below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.