How to use "seem" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "seem" in popular movie and book plots
- Barnett finally subdues Barbara Jean and leaves, but Connie doesn't seem happy to see him. - Nashville (film)
- In this new light, not even Messenger's advances seem so monstrous any more. - Thinks ...
- Ron introduces her to people who seem to have no need for wealth and status and she responds positively. - All That Heaven Allows
- The double murder has been disguised in such a way as to make it seem that Wynant is the killer and still alive. - The Thin Man (film)
- Julian says that he wishes to retrieve his letter before Lermontov has seem it, except that Lermontov has already read the letter. - The Red Shoes (1948 film)
- Even less is known about Earth than was the case in Foundation, when scholars still seem to know the location of 'Sol'. - Foundation and Earth
- He collects the items on Diktor's list, which seem to be things a 20th-century man could find useful in making himself king in the future. - By His Bootstraps
- In the book the plot emerges in a fragmented way, with shifting points of view and events that seem out of order. - Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
- The infected can even have conversations with their noocytes, some reporting that the cells seem to sing. - Blood Music (novel)
- Bo and Luke always seem to stumble over Hogg's latest scheme, sometimes by curiosity, and often by sheer luck, and put it out of business. - The Dukes of Hazzard
- In his lonely walks around mean streets, aspidistras seem to appear in every lower-middle class window. - Keep the Aspidistra Flying
- The mechanic twins seem to relate to this, realizing they should make peace. - The Straight Story
- However, one morning six months later, Scott, notices that his shirt and slacks seem to be too big, but blames it on the laundry service. - The Incredible Shrinking Man
- Keen not to seem too intriguing, and wanting to allow the King to take the credit for unveiling the conspiracy, Salisbury feigned ignorance. - Gunpowder Plot
- They seem to be silently reacting to the various images. - Glen or Glenda
- Even the afflicted seem to annoy him. - Fawlty Towers
Meaning of "seem" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "seem" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "seem" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "seem"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word seem below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.