How to use "sit" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "sit" in popular movie and book plots
- One day, as the two sit in the park watching their children play, Billy falls off the jungle gym, severely cutting his face. - Kramer vs. Kramer
- However, Patton's aggression does not sit well with his subordinates Bradley and Lucian Truscott. - Patton (film)
- Ann dives in to save him, and they swim away together away from the agents, finally sharing a kiss as they sit shivering on the riverbank. - Roman Holiday
- As they sit on the beach, Orville reminds Jeff of his promise to Aunt Lucy, to take care of him. - Road to Morocco
- Several of the townsfolk previously depicted as his staunchest defenders sit in the public gallery drinking and shouting abuse at him. - The Night of the Hunter (film)
- He carries her to her bed, but while searching for smelling salts, he realizes she is faking when he sees her (in a mirror) sit up briefly. - My Man Godfrey
- They both sit close to their adjoining wall and listen to the other for company, so they know almost everything about each other. - Greed (film)
- Mookie and Jade sit on the curb, watching in disbelief. - Do the Right Thing
- Welsh then makes his way to a piano and begins playing methodically as the others sit quietly. - The Deer Hunter
- The incident has ruined the sting, which does not sit well with Montini's musclebound partner Useldinger (Matthew Taylor). - Exit Wounds
- Then the rest of the family sit down for dinner. - You Can't Take It with You (play)
- The two sit together and George retells the beloved story of the dream, knowing it is something they'll never share. - Of Mice and Men
- Basil and Zorba sit by the shore to eat roasted lamb for lunch. - Zorba the Greek (film)
- Lyle invites Alvin to sit down. - The Straight Story
- In the original version of the tale, Todd is a barber who dispatches his victims by pulling a lever as they sit in his barber chair. - Sweeney Todd
- Here I sit and there you are lying; we have so much to say, and we shall never say it". - All Quiet on the Western Front
Meaning of "sit" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "sit" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "sit" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "sit"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word sit below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.