How to use "sound" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "sound" in popular movie and book plots
- " and then the sound of breaking glass. - Rear Window
- After the camera falls, it keeps running, and the film ends with the death of the fleeing sound recordist. - Man Bites Dog (film)
- He requests sound with a sign and is granted with various non-guitar sound effects. - Duck Amuck
- Minnie arrives to sound the alarm about the Monster, but her warning goes unheeded. - Bride of Frankenstein
- The sound of gunshots implies the farmers have murdered the intruders. - The Beach (novel)
- Bigger Thomas wakes up in a dark, small room at the sound of the alarm clock. - Native Son
- Instead, he chooses to believe the assumption by others that he is an Englishman based on the sound of his voice. - The English Patient
- Dallas hears the sound of the stealth drive but does not identify it as a submarine. - The Hunt for Red October
- A loud, inhuman wailing sound fills the room. - The Black Cat (short story)
- When an animalistic sound is heard, Stapleton is quick to dismiss it as unrelated to the legendary hound. - The Hound of the Baskervilles
- The Duke, sexually excited at the sound of her cries, begins verbally abusing her. - Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom
- He thinks it is the sound of the coffins of the Mohune family. - Moonfleet
- Arthur stops at a castle, where the guards ask how Arthur found the coconut halves Patsy uses to simulate the sound of horses galloping. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- He/she returns home in obvious anguish, when the sound of thunder causes him/her to collapse to the floor. - Glen or Glenda
- Shortly after she returns home, the sound of Godzilla's footsteps approaching is heard. - Godzilla (1954 film)
- They resume their discussion once the sound ceases. - Fahrenheit 451
Meaning of "sound" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "sound" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "sound" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "sound"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word sound below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.